If you’ve been hearing a lot about the corporate blogging trend and wondering how you can make it work for your company, there are specific reasons that having a blog is very important. It really is worth the extra effort that goes into the creation and management of the blog, and you will have a whole new means of reaching out to consumers. Let’s take a look at just a few reasons why most companies need to have a corporate blog.
1. Provide the public with a human face for your company.
Most consumers view corporate entities as faceless behemoths that don’t care about the little guy. One of the easiest ways to dispel this myth is to reach out to the public via a blog. Personable posts and interaction with the public go a long way towards building your brand and attaching an image that your company really does care. Just make sure that you always use this feature to your credit and not against your company. It is as vital to learn how NOT to blog as it is to learn how to blog.
2. Open up the horizon for new customers.
In today’s internet world, it is all about discoverability. Whether you are looking for local or global business, blogging is a powerful platform that can make this happen. Most of the time, the discovery process is organic, through searching and through social networking avenues. This means that you don’t have to do any extra work to achieve discoverability, beyond posting and the proper promotion of those posts.
3. Build a stronger brand.
The key to brand recognition is getting your brand out there in the public eye as often as possible. The old fashioned method of doing this was quite expensive and it was difficult for smaller companies to play on the same field as their larger competitors. The blogging trend has changed this completely and allows for companies of any size the ability to get their name out there every single day.
You can look at each post you make as getting one step closer to becoming a household name. Readers rely on bloggers like never before and this is an incredible opportunity that your company should be taking advantage of.
4. Increase overall visits to your site.
As your blog readership expands, you’ll find that your site traffic will increase as well. If you’re hosting your blog on your site, this is natural, but you’ll also notice that your regular pages are getting more attention. As your blog gets indexed by search engines, it will be much easier for new customers to find you and you will notice an increase in overall visits. These are targeted visits as well, which means that they are worth a lot more than the average ad campaign can bring in.
These are just four simple reasons that blogging can work for any company. To get help with your blog to make sure it is a success, consider working with a professional management company that already knows the ins and outs of successful corporate blogging.
Photo Credit: 1
Originally posted 2008-08-11 05:22:29. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Does Your Company Need a Blog? One of the latest trends is corporate blogging, but is it right for you company? Not every company under the sun can benefit from having...
- Growing Your Business with a Company Blog If you are looking for a way to grow your business but you don’t have a lot of available resources at your disposal, a corporate...
- Spread your Company’s Marketing Message through Corporate Blogging Creating a marketing message is a lot like building a house of cards: The building process can take a long, painstaking amount of time, however...
- Do You Need More Than One Corporate Blog? When you’re ready to start getting your feet wet in the world of corporate blogging, it is a good idea to consider whether or not...
- How to Handle Corporate Blog Comments One of the biggest issues in the corporate blogging world is whether or not you should allow readers to comment on your blog posts. There...
brand awareness, customer feedback, customer trust, product awareness, public relations, publicity, web traffic