Do you want to utilize social media to the best of its capabilities with your corporate blog? Here are ten secrets that the best social media users are utilizing in order to boost the capabilities of their blogs and other websites.
1 – Do your research!
Why? Because every single successful marketing strategy is based on solid research. You cannot go blindly onto a social media site and expect to get immediate success by submitting your content. Find social media sites that work well in conjunction with your niche.
2 – Interact with the community as much as possible.
Do not completely ignore the community as many social media marketers do , but instead get involved because this is what social media is really all about. Take advantage of the social nature of the platform and interact for better success in your corporate blogging and social media endeavors.
3 – Write FOR your audience.
If you want your content to be hot, and even viral, then you need to write for your audience on these social media sites. Interact with the community and get to know its members, learning about their likes and dislikes for example. Learn what gets the most attention and cater to it the best you can.
4 – Shoot for relevancy at all times.
Relevance is the true key to effective social media marketing. Look at Digg, StumbleUpon and other social networking and social media sites for proof of this fact.
5 – Keep your writing short.
Internet users do not tend to enjoy reading long text passages, preferring instead to scan anything that they are interested in. Be accommodating by keeping your content short.
6 – Good design.
When users come to your page, are they greeted with a design that is clean and welcoming in nature? If not, they may leave! To combat this, simply focus on presenting a good design and you will go far.
7 – Stop trying to make sales.
Another rookie mistake that is commonly made in social media marketing is to try ands ell your products. Promoting your brand is a good thing, but if all you are doing is pimping your products then you are never going to get any respect in the social networking world.
8 – Create Outstanding Headlines.
Your story may be excellent, but your headline is what sells. If you want attention when it comes to social media, you need to have an absolutely killer headline otherwise users will not notice what you are posting.
9 – Help Others Out.
If you want to become a top user or a popular user, you have to help others out rather than simply submitting and promoting the content that you write.
10 – Convert the hottest content.
Capitalize on hot content as often as you can. Make the attention that you garner last for as long as you possibly can by creating more posts to follow the hot ones so visits can read not only your popular post, but also your newer content as well.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-11-18 05:37:31. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Are You Using Social Networking Enough for Your Corporate Blog? In this day and age, if you want to get the most out of your blog, then you need to do more than simply write...
- Is Your Corporate Blog Viral Enough? The concept of viral content is something that you need to have a firm grasp on if you are trying to get your corporate blog...
- Professional Blogging Roundup – Twitter Tools and More Welcome, welcome. Here’s another roundup of what’s going on around the blogosphere on blogging. Lots of Twitter tools and tips in this edition, be sure...
- Three Secrets of Successful Corporate Blogs Every week, new corporate blogs spring into existence, but many are doomed to fail from the start. How can you be assured that your blog...
- When Companies Blog – The Good, Bad and Ugly Side of Corporate Blogging Although corporate blogging can be a powerful tool, there is a time when it can get pretty dicey. Without proper management, a blog can be...
audience, blog design, Buildify, content, engaging ideas, post design, research, sales, writing style