Time and time again, if you are a corporate blogger, you’ve probably heard about the importance of compelling content. What you may not know however is what constitutes this type of content. If you’re not taking the time to craft posts that your readers will find compelling, you may be missing out on a great opportunity. Let’s take a look at a few ways that you can start utilizing these techniques to help increase readership and retain your audience.
1. What is the value of your post?
One of the easiest ways to determine whether or not you have a compelling post is by estimating just how valuable your post really is. Has the topic already been covered in thousands of different venues? Does the post contain information that will somehow help the reader accomplish something? Is your post thinly veiled promotion? Once you know the answer to these questions, you’ll be able to start working on developing content that is truly compelling.
2. How do your readers react to your posts?
If the answer is “I have readers???” you may have a problem here. If you are basically shouting in the wind and you’ve never had a single comment on your blog despite your best efforts to market it, chances are the problem may be a lack of compelling content. This is the type of post that gets people talking, sharing and will help you make the most of viral traffic.
3. Does your post somehow make an emotional connection with the reader?
This isn’t an easy task in many cases. Let’s say that the niche for your corporate blog is washing machines. It can be tough to find a way to make an emotional connection over an appliance. However, it can be accomplished. What do people really care about when it comes to washing machines? Overall price, functionality and whether or not it eats clothes are great stepping stones that can be used to emotionally manipulate your readers (in a good way.)
4. Does the post make your readers want to know more about you personally?
When you create compelling content, you create a relationship with your readers. Once they start writing you personally, you can be assured that you are developing a good audience that is engaged by what you talk about. You may not be writing hard promotional copy with your corporate blog, but what you are doing is building that friendship – the easy way.
Compelling content can be subjective, but generally, it involves an emotional response that is evoked in the reader, and that someone can benefit from, even in a small way. Whether it’s through laughter, tears, or a feeling of “I’ve been there too” compelling content is the secret to success with corporate blogging, especially when you are first starting out.
You’ll be building a reputation as a corporate blogger that can be incredibly useful in the future, no matter what industry you may be working or writing in.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-11-14 05:32:44. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Are You Using Social Networking Enough for Your Corporate Blog? In this day and age, if you want to get the most out of your blog, then you need to do more than simply write...
- Ten Tips for Better Corporate Blog Traffic pt 1 Unless you went out and purchased an already established blogs, the chances are that you just recently launched your blog with only a single loyal...
- Corporate Blogging Myths Since corporate blogs are so popular, there are quite a few myths that go along with them. Before you even start your own blog, it...
- How to Tell If You Are Reaching Your Audience Is this thing on? If you are starting to feel like you are blogging to an empty room, or your posts are accompanied by the...
- Do Your Posts Provoke an Emotional Response In Your Readers? Although writing for a blog is a bit limited in many cases, that does not mean that your posts shouldn’t invoke some sort of emotional...