A corporate blog can be an incredible promotional tool, but it can also be used for networking purposes. Nearly every company can benefit from networking and much of the current internet community has been built on the back of social networking. How can you take advantage of this trend and put it to work in your blog? Here are just a few tips to get you started.
1. Make a list of all the related blogs in your industry.
Let’s say that you manufacturer tools and you want to reach out to possible customers that could be using your tools. It’s a good idea to do some research and find all of the different blogs out there that are owned by companies that could benefit from your products. This is definitely time well spent. Create a list of all of their blogs and subscribe to their RSS feeds. Keep track of what they are posting about and start reaching out to them.
2. Leave comments on their blogs.
One of the best ways to get noticed is by leaving a comment on their blogs. Keep it complimentary and professional and make sure that you use your company name and the address of your company’s blog. This is an easy way to open up the lines of communication and it only takes a few seconds. You’ll be able to reach out to companies all over the world using this method and you’ll be building up relationships that could pay off in the future.
3. Schedule a blogging event.
One great way to get the attention of other companies is to host an event that could include them. Get creative and think of different types of events that would suit your industry. Invite other corporate bloggers to attend. If necessary, find a way to host a special expo or something that is somehow related both to blogging and to your business. You’ll be able to get a lot of press and the coverage will only help increase your business.
4. Reference their posts in your posts.
If you want to give someone a corporate shout out, don’t be shy. They’ll probably be honored that a) you read their blog, and b) you thought enough of their post to reference it. This is can be used by doing a trackback, or simply by including their URL and some quotes. However, this should only be done if your post is complimentary and serves to buttress their own point. They’ll feel like you are an ally and they will be much more likely to reach out to you as a result.
These are just a few simple means of utilizing the power of blogging to increase your networking reach. Give it a try and see how many new contacts you can come up with in a week. Don’t forget to keep cultivating and looking for new opportunities. New corporate blogs spring up every day and there is a world of opportunity out there just waiting for you.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-08-27 05:49:59. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Are You Using Social Networking Enough for Your Corporate Blog? In this day and age, if you want to get the most out of your blog, then you need to do more than simply write...
- Do You Need More Than One Corporate Blog? When you’re ready to start getting your feet wet in the world of corporate blogging, it is a good idea to consider whether or not...
- Frequently Asked Questions about Corporate Blogging If you are completely new to blogging, you may find that you have a lot of questions and at times, it can be hard to...
- Making Sure Your Corporate Blog Works For You Not Against You One of the main problems facing corporate bloggers is that their posts can be taken the wrong way, or controversy can get stirred up. Since...
- Corporate Blogging Pitfalls It has been widely recognized that blogging is an excellent way to publish content to a website, and many corporations and other businesses are beginning...