If you’re ready to get into corporate blogging, you need to make sure that you are going in with the right attitude. There is a big difference between starting an okay blog and starting a stellar blog. You are in this to succeed, so you need to make sure that you are using the right techniques and mindset to accomplish this. Mediocrity is never a good thing, and in blogging, this is particularly true.
In order to make sure that your blog stands out from the competition, attracts readers and gets noticed, there are a few techniques that you can use.
1. Design is very important –a blog that is hard to read will not be read.
It is just that simple. While you need to match your blog’s design to that of your site, you also need to make sure that it can be easily read. This usually means a white overlay for the blog text using a black font. It may be visually boring to the design oriented, but it is easy to read. Less is more when it comes to designing a corporate blog. Make sure your logo is visible and that there is a strong visual link between your site and blog, but always make sure that the text is easy to read.
2. Use the right technology – there are many new tools out there that make blogging even easier.
These include social networking links as well as RSS feeds and management tools. The best blogs use a mix of these tools to help increase readership and get a better idea of how their blogs are doing. Corporate blogs can use these tools as well. You want to make it easy for your readers to enjoy your blog. This means going the extra mile to make sure that you do have an RSS feed, that it is easy for readers to share your posts and that they can easily find everything on your blog.
3. Comments should be encouraged – the whole point of a corporate blog is to shed that stiff corporate image and become personable.
Most blogging applications allow readers to leave comments. You should not turn this feature off. There are a few risks in allowing the general public to leave any sort of comment on your site, but you can head these off at the pass by instituting simple rules and sticking to them. For example, do not allow swearing or defamation in comments and remove any that break the rules. Use a moderation feature that will let you approve comments before they go live to avoid flame wars and embarrassing situations for your company.
These are just three simple ways that you can make your blog truly stellar. For extra help, it is a good idea to work with a company that specializes in managing corporate blogs. They can assist you in the creation of a blog that will be professional, fun and noticeable.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-08-12 05:26:35. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Full Text or Excerpts – What’s Best For Corporate Blog RSS Feeds? If you are putting together an RSS feed for your corporate blog, you may be wondering what way is the best way to deliver that...
- Make Blogging Work for Your Business pt 2 Are you ready to make blogging work for your business? If you already know the benefits associated with corporate blogging, then the next step is...