Ever since Google purchased Blogger, Blogger has seen the addition of all kinds of interesting gadgets that create additional functionality and personality for your blog. Gadgets are essentially widgets, but by Google’s standard. You can show off your favorite quotes from movies, insert flash games, and show off the weather in your region or a number of other interesting things. Not all of these gadgets are ideal for a corporate blog, however, so which are? Here is a look at some of the best Google gadgets for blogging using the Blogger platform.
1 – Followers, which is found in Basics.
Followers is essentially what you get when you combine Twitter with RSS. You can follow people, people can follow you, and people can subscribe to your blog anonymously if they do not want to be followed. This is one of the easiest possible ways for you to attract more traffic to your blog. You can follow other people and they will more than likely begin to follow you in return, bringing new faces to your blog rather regularly.
This gives you the ability to add your own code to your blog page, which will significantly and exponentially enhance its functionality. You can add your own opt-in box for example, in order to begin your own mailing list. You can also easily add links and images to your other pages, making your blog work for you better than before.
3 – Feed, another gadget found in Basics.
This feature will allow you to add a feed from another blog, a Squidoo lens or even your author page on EzineArticles.com if you are an author there. Basically, it allows you to link your pages together, letting your readers find other content of yours such as your Twitter or Squidoo pages.
4 – Countdown, which is found in Featured.
This allows you to add a count down feature to your blog. You can count down to anything you like, such as a birthday, the launch of a new product, Christmas, or anything else that you like.
5 – AdSense, another gadget found in Basics.
This is a great way to make some extra money from your blog. You need to make an account with Ad Sense first, so put a few blog entries together before you apply for an account. Then you can create your Ad Sense account and add your special code to the gadget in order to begin earning money through advertising.
Adding gadgets to your blog through Blogger is simple. You just need to log in to your Dashboard, clicking on Layout and then Page Elements. Then click on the “Add a Gadget” link in the area where you would like to install the gadget and you are good to go.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-20 05:31:34. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Is WordPress or Blogger Right For Corporate Blogs There is a lot of controversy over which blogging platform is ideal for corporate blogs. With so many schools of thought on the matter, it...
- Review: What No One Ever Tells You About Blogging and Podcasting There are plenty of different books out there that are basic instructionals when it comes to corporate blogging, but it can be hard to find...
- Does Your Google Page Rank Really Affect Your Corporate Blog? Spend a few weeks reading about search engine optimization and you’ll likely become obsessed with your Google page rank score. If you’re not familiar with...
- Getting Smart About Corporate Bloggging – Part One In a semi-recent post on his blog Matt Cutts discussed some very powerful information about corporate blogging. We got a lot out of this post...
- Review of Sprout Builder When Sprout Builder was first released in beta, this drag and drop Flash authoring widget building environment was immediately on fire. Although there was not...