Spend a few weeks reading about search engine optimization and you’ll likely become obsessed with your Google page rank score. If you’re not familiar with this, it is a system employed by Google that determines the popularity of a site and then assigns a ranking to it. Many factors are used in calculating popularity, but generally, the amount of links, the frequency of new content additions and the overall traffic a site receives will have a major bearing on their Google page rank.
But does this really matter to your corporate blog?
The answer is yes and no, and it pretty much depends on how you look at it. While a low ranking can make it harder to get a good search engine results placement, it doesn’t make it impossible. However, if you are trying to take advantage of all of your promotional avenues, trying to raise your Google page rank is pretty important.
So, here are some easy tips that can dramatically affect your page rank score and as such, where you are ranked in search results.
1. Increase the amount of links coming in to your site.
These are called inbound links, but not just any links will work. You’ve got to have “quality” links that Google will approve of. This means that submitting to link directories or using black hat linking methods will not help you much. You need to increase the amount of real pages that link to you. You can do this the old fashioned way by contacting site owners to exchange links, or you can do it on your own by leaving your link in comment’s on blogs, sending out press releases and encouraging readers to link to your blog.
2. Page titles really do matter.
This is a huge factor in your overall Google page rank. You’ll want to make sure that you are using keyword rich post titles for every blog that you write. For example, Company News is a bad title for a blog post. You would want to use something like Company Name – Keyword and then News. Try to experiement with different blog titles, making them keyword rich but still useful for your readers.
3. Using keywords in your posts.
Every post you make needs to have keywords in it, but you don’t want to go overboard. Stick with mentioning your primary keywords two to three times, unless your posts are very long. The best density is around 3 to 4%.
If you are curious to see how your efforts are paying off, we recommend installing the Google toolbar which will contain your current page rank when you visit your own site. You can keep track of your progress this way and see how well you are doing. It won’t happen overnight, but these tips will help you improve your overall page rank and as such, your search engine rankings, blog discoverability and the overall popularity of your site.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-09-25 05:16:48. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- How do Backlinks Help Your Corporate Blog? Most people understand the basics when it comes to blogging or corporate blogging, but unless you have been trained in SEO, you probably do not...
- Corporate Blogging Link Building Strategies An important part of promoting your corporate blog is making sure that you have plenty of good inbound links coming into your site. This can...
- Professional Blogging Roundup: All Saints Day Edition Happy All Saints Day, one day late, from Buildify. We hope your weekend has been productive and if it hasn’t been yet, well we have...
- Getting a Better Corporate Blog Ranking pt 1 If you ask ten different bloggers about the best way to increase your search engine ranking for your corporate blog, you will certainly get at...
- SEO Success With Corporate Blogging One of the main reasons that many companies begin blogging is to help them attract new customers. With the use of SEO or search engine...
blog design, content, google page rank, keywords, links, post design, search engine, social bookmarking sites, statistics, web traffic