Are you a small business owner, and looking to generate more business through an online internet presence? If you have been considering putting together a blog for your business, the blogging advice detailed below is intended especially for you.
Q: What should I be writing blog entries about?
A: This is one of the first questions that gets asked by small business owners who are curious about the blogosphere. The best advice that you can take when it comes to learning what to write about is to specifically write about any topic that meets two criteria:
a) It should interest you.
b) It should be related to your business in some way.
This may seem rather obvious to some people, but you might be surprised at how many bloggers choose the wrong topics and ideas for their blogs. If you do not choose a topic that is going to interest you, then you will be much more likely to fall behind on the blogging schedule that you need to maintain in order to attract traffic to your blog. If you choose a topic that is not related in some way to your business, then you will be defeating the whole purpose of blogging for your business in the first place.
Q: How often should I be writing and publishing blog entries?
A: Truth be told, the right answer to this one is: As often as you can. As long as you are not neglecting other aspects of your company, you should blog as often as is feasible. The benefits of blogging for your business tend to be rather cumulative in nature. All the things that your blog will do for you, including search engine visibility, buzz, popularity and traffic levels all come over time rather than at once. The best advice here then, obviously, is to blog as often as is possible, be it once a day, once a week, three times a week, or several times a day depending on what you have to say and how often it needs to be said. Choose a schedule that works for you and run with it for the best results.
Q: How should I organize the topics for my blog?
A: It is generally a best practice to limit how many categories you have, which will keep readers from becoming overwhelmed. Choose a handful of categories that you will write about and make sure that all of your blog posts fall under one of these categories, allowing readers to better search for and find the blog entries that you have written in the past. You can write blogs to fit into any category that you can think of; You should try to be broad when choosing organizational categories, so that you do not end up with blog entries that you do not know how to file.
With this small business blogging advice, you should be ready to start your own small business corporate blog to build a successful web presence online.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-01-26 05:56:30. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Blogging for Business Pt 1 Business blogs are quickly becoming the “in” thing, at least as far as corporate communication is concerned. “Blog” is short hand for weblog or web...
- The Business of Blogging One of the main problems facing corporate bloggers is that they do not treat their blogs like a business, and they may not take them...
- Enhancing your Business with Blogging Blogging has become an extremely popular activity for businesses, and it also has created a very important impact in other circles as well, including an...
- Make Blogging Work for Your Business pt 2 Are you ready to make blogging work for your business? If you already know the benefits associated with corporate blogging, then the next step is...
- Make Blogging Work for Your Business pt 3 Are you ready to make blogging work for your business? If you already know the benefits associated with corporate blogging, then the next step is...