Growing traffic to your corporate blog is not a difficult process if you know what to do. If you have a corporate blog and you need to grow your traffic base, here are some simple steps that will help you create a more effective overall corporate blog.
1 – Know who you are targeting.
What types of readers or customers are you hoping to attract? Before you can grow traffic to your blog you need to know what kind of traffic you are intending to attract. Come up with a list of the types of readers that you want to gain the attention of, then fine tune your writing accordingly.
2 – Now that you know who you are targeting, the next step is to become savvy when it comes to keywords.
Choose good keywords, not necessarily the most popular, but still keywords that will benefit you. Choose keywords and phrases that are on target, on topic and on subject without them being searched for by absolutely everyone. There are a lot of software solutions out there that will give you a good idea of what keywords to use, such as WordTracker for instances which allows you to test out different words and phrases.
3 – Focus!
Make sure to liberally cover your postings with the words and phrases that you chose. This is not always easy for people who are not trained in SEO, but with some practice you can learn how to implement important keywords into your blog. Search engines like Google are beginning to use advanced algorithm technology that allows them to analyze the nature and subject of your page in order to index it more efficiently, so the more keyword rich your blogs are, the better off you will be.
4 – Make your blog real and personal.
In other to build the most value possible in your corporate blog in order to build traffic, you need to write consistently, regularly and passionately. You have to care about the subject that you are writing about, which is what will allow you to deliver the content that readers are looking for. If you want your prospects, vendors, partners and customers to believe in the content that you are posting, you need to post content with true value and meaning.
5 – Now that you are writing the types of content that your potential target markets are looking for, the final step is to promote yourself!
Use every ounce of marketing know how that you have to help your blog reach out to your target readers. Mention your blog on your website and in your direct mail correspondence. Mention it in your newsletter and utilize RSS feed links. E-mail your contacts with information about what is currently going on in your blog, and implement other advertising campaigns like Google AdWords, Ad Sense and other vital gateways to much larger networks.
“Build it and they will come” is not enough, but once you build your blog, the next step is to spread the word if you want your ideal target market to find you.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-10-21 05:27:28. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Growing Your Business with a Company Blog If you are looking for a way to grow your business but you don’t have a lot of available resources at your disposal, a corporate...
- Getting a Better Corporate Blog Ranking pt 1 If you ask ten different bloggers about the best way to increase your search engine ranking for your corporate blog, you will certainly get at...
- Ten Tips for Better Corporate Blog Traffic pt 1 Unless you went out and purchased an already established blogs, the chances are that you just recently launched your blog with only a single loyal...
- Corporate Blogging Made Easy One of the best ways for a company to reach out to their customers and build a strong brand is corporate blogging. However, there are...
- 11 Tips to Get More Traffic to Your Corporate Blog Now that you have your blog set up, and you’re beginning to post your useful and relevant content, you may be wondering why you are...