One of the main problems facing corporate blogs is that they have a high rate of failure. This can be due to many factors, but it doesn’t mean that your blog is doomed to fail. With the right techniques and management, your blog can be incredibly successful and can serve as a powerful tool to brand your image and increase your customer base. Let’s take a look at why blogs fail and how to avoid these pitfalls.
1. Infrequent content.
When you get ready to start your corporate blog you need to make sure that you are going to have the time and resources to keep it updated on a frequent basis. Make a schedule of when you’re going to publish new content and stick to it. Many companies start out with the best intentions but they cannot keep up with the schedule they created. This leads to missed posts, and over time, their readers will simply give up. There is so much competition in the blogging world and so many different choices, that if you are not providing new content on a regular basis, your readers will have no reason to keep coming back to you.
2. Failure to use RSS feeds.
One of the best ways to let your readers know that you have new content is by utilizing RSS or Really Simply Syndication. Your blog should have an RSS feed that your readers can grab and put into their news reader. This will automatically update any time you publish new content. If you are not using an RSS feed, this means that your readers will have to take that additional step to visit your site to see if anything is new. While some users still prefer to do this, the majority of today’s blog readers rely on RSS feeds to let them know when new content is posted. By failing to use this technology, you are making it difficult for your reader’s to keep up with your blog.
3. Failure to present a personable but professional image.
Blogging is a difficult concept for many. It requires a special touch that uses enough of a personable approach to allow readers to feel a connection, but not going overboard with too much information or a bad attitude. Many blogs fail because they are too stiff, and others implode due to unprofessional posts. It is a balancing act, but it’s one that you’re going to need to master before you step into the ring.
One of the best ways to make sure that your blog doesn’t succumb to failure is to work with a blog management company. These professionals can help you navigate these treacherous waters and help you produce a blog that will get results. If you have never blogged before, don’t put your company’s image in jeopardy by jumping in. Having a pro there to help you every step of the way will make a big difference in how your blog turns out.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2008-06-17 05:29:13. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Does Your Company Need a Blog? One of the latest trends is corporate blogging, but is it right for you company? Not every company under the sun can benefit from having...
- Ten Tips for Better Corporate Blog Traffic pt 1 Unless you went out and purchased an already established blogs, the chances are that you just recently launched your blog with only a single loyal...
- How Should You Classify Your Corporate Blog? When you are getting ready to start publishing your corporate blog, it is a good idea to put some thought into the kind of information...
- How to Use Your Corporate Blog for Networking A corporate blog can be an incredible promotional tool, but it can also be used for networking purposes. Nearly every company can benefit from networking...
- 3 Topics to Not to Write About on a Corporate Blog So many advice columns, tips and books focus on what you should talk about on your corporate blog, but few ever go into things that...